Home       My Shops      Terms of Use      Fun Freebies

Monday, July 1, 2013

Letter Shape Boxes Needing Feedback

I have been wanting to create more "teaching" sets lately since I know so many of you are planning for the next school year that is SO quickly approaching......I know, grab your tissue.....I want to create sets of manipulatives, math concepts, phonic sets etc., that will save you a lot of time when creating your resources.

So here is my latest set that just kinda came to me yesterday when I was creating some school activities for my son, who will be starting Kindergarten in August....ok...now I'm grabbing a tissue...:(



This set has all of the letter shape boxes for the Primer Dolch List....all 52 words. Each box comes in 7 different colors which gives this set a total of 364 images!!! WOW!!!!

I have seen fonts that create letter boxes but I just like the idea of it being an image where I an re-size it and place it any where on my document as big or small as I want, pretty quickly.

When I was creating those activities for my son, I thought, what a time saver it would be if each word was an image and all you had to do was insert it into your document. I know that my "Word Wall" words in my class were in letter boxes and in different colors...but it was the background that was a different color......talk about a lot of ink if you had to print that yourself. So I thought just outlining it in different colors would still give you different options. I already have this set posted at my store.

So now I need your feedback......Do you think you could benefit from this set? How would you use them? Which lists do you use...Dolch or Fry? 

One last thing....be sure to start following me with Bloglovin'!!!!! Just click the button at the top right of my page to keep getting all of my posts about my new sets!!!

Ok.....ready....start your feedback!!!! 

16 comments:

  1. I think these are a great idea! I need to use these with my new first graders :) I'm familiar with Dolch and Fry, but not sure which one my new school district focuses on. In the past I used Fry with my RTI groups and Dolch with everyone. lol That has been awhile though. Love this idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Daliene!!! Once I get the Dolch Lists done will get to work on the Fry list so hopefully whichever list your district goes with, I'll have a set for you:) Thanks so much for your feedback!!
      Tammy :)

      Delete
  2. Fabulous idea! Color on letter boxes definitely helps students to find the words on the word wall and can even help them to memorize the word!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori!!! Check your email in about 5 minutes;)
      Tammy

      Delete
  3. I love the boxes! They are a great idea! The colors are so fun!

    If you are taking suggestions, I know that when I was teaching a phonics lesson on R controlled vowels there was literally no clip art out there for it. I had such a hard time finding those bossy R triplet words! If you could make a bundle of clip art with -er -ir and -ur pictures it would be a lifesaver! Thanks!

    The Polished Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea!!! I will see about getting a list of words for that set:) Thanks so much for sharing!!!
      Tammy

      Delete
  4. I have been wanting something like these cute boxes but didn't want the font for them. They are just perfect and I can't even think of all the possibilities for them yet. I like Lori's idea of using them on a word wall because it gives the kiddos a way to frame a word in their little brains. Keep it coming because we love your creations!
    Deb at Fabulously First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Deb!!! I'm working on finishing up the Dolch List now.....should have all lists for that done within the next few days. Then it's on the Fry Lists!!!
      Tammy

      Delete
  5. Love using the color boxes to aid in the visual learning! :) These are great!

    Nicki
    Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nicki! I tried to pick some basic colors...hopefully they will work!
      Tammy

      Delete
  6. What a great idea! I hope you will do the Dolch first -third grade words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori!! I just finished 1st grade today...here is the link
      http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Letter-Shape-Boxes-1st-Grade-Dolch-List-751818

      And I will have 2nd and 3rd grade lists ready by tomorrow:)

      Tammy

      Delete
  7. This looks great Tammy! It would definitely be useful to me...it really helps my kinders to notice the letter shapes/sizes. Good luck with your little man starting kindergarten...it is the best year!

    Danielle
    Carolina Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle! I know I always used color anyway I could in my classroom:) Thanks for the luck...I'm going to need it...and a whole box of tissues on that first day:(

      Tammy

      Delete
  8. I think these would be perfect to use for my students who struggle with learning their sight words. They need the extra visual cue. I have them on my wishlist. I want to make flashcards to send home for extra practice/reinforcement :)

    Thanks!
    Michelle
    mscotese67@gmail.com
    www.mrsscotese.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! The flashcards are a wonderful idea!!!!

      Tammy :)

      Delete

Leave me a little note!