Home       My Shops      Terms of Use      Fun Freebies

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Giving Credit, Easter Bunnies, and Snow Days!

Happy Hump Day everyone!!

Since I've been loaded up with questions and emails lately about my TOUs and the best way for you to give credit to my work, I thought I would make an entire post about it so hopefully I'll be able to answer all questions in one shot...I hope.

Giving credit....

every artists wants and NEEDS credit whenever you use their work..whether it be on your blog, website, or teaching resources you sell or give for free on Teachers Pay Teachers....or a site similar.

The way for give credit for me, I think, is fairly simple. In each of my graphic files, I have included my TOUs...which are a PDF and a JPEG image...like this one....


If you are selling items on TpT, here is what I think is the easiest thing to do.....create a Terms of Use page for your product...this is where you state your permissions and where you give your credits....here is an example from one of my teaching products....

 

At the bottom is where I post whose graphics I used along with the fonts. I also like to include their TpT store address in-case others want the graphics or fonts too.

Now I know some people like to include just a page of the graphic designers they use in all of their products, in one single page that they use in each product...whether their designs were used or not...it may be titled..."I use Designs By:"...and then they have the button image of each designer. Well....I think that is a quick and easy way to do it...but I have found that sometimes, a designer's button is missing and their graphics WERE used in the product....this has happened to me. 

There are new artists all the time appearing on TpT and other sites...so creating a slide for ALL of your designer buttons, doesn't meant that you'll never have to go back and change it. 

I like knowing that the designs in a certain product came from the people that are given credit in that particular resource. Just my opinion. 

My button image is a simple way of putting "my stamp" on my work. Links are not necessary, but the button image is. You could also make the button image link to my blog or TpT store

I hope this helps to answer any questions.

Now for some fun stuff!!!

SNOW SNOW SNOW!!!!! 

Spring can't get here fast enough. 



I created this little badge this morning and it's spreading around FB like wildfire!! There are so many people having snow days today!! So be sure to grab this image, share on your blog, FB....where ever....if you're a member of the club....this is yours!!

And here is a little something to get you ready for spring!!!! :) It can't get here fast enough!....Did I say that already?????
Click on the pic to see it at my TpT store :)




3 comments:

  1. Love the snow day badge, shared it on my FB. This is a very good post with a very clear explanation. Your bunnies are incredibly cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the badge! I'm in Eastern NC and it's horrible here. So over the cold!!

    Nicki
    Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi There,
    I too am a member of the Snow Day club!! This is day 3 for me now!! Grabbing your button...thanks a bunch! I love your work...you are in my top 5 go to graphics. Your bunnies are too cute. Fell in love with your Snow Day Kids...in my cart now!!! Keep up the great work
    Crystal
    Ms. Jones’ Junction

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a little note!